Yes, 2 posts in one day.....no pictures in this post, but take a peak at the post below this one.
This entry is dedicated to the Olympics. Yes, that is right, the Olympics. :)
I have always liked the Olympics. Something about the opening ceremonies, the events, etc. I wanted to be in the Olympics. I remember being like 9 and telling my friend at the time I was going to be in the Olympics. My reasoning: how hard could running be? LOL Ahhh so naive. hahahah that thought to this day still makes me laugh!
I remember the 1984 Olympics. I remember going with my mom to Barnaby's to pick up a pizza and the opening ceromonies where on (why do some of my most vivid memories surround food?? lol). More recently I remember the 2004 Olympics --- I was extremely pregnant with Madelyn. I remember thinking, gee next time there is a summer Olympics, Madelyn will be almost 4! Joshy wasn't even a twinkle in our eye-- yet.
Here we are, the begining of the 2008 Olympics. Not expecting to watch very much of the games this time. After all we have Dora, Diego, Jack's Big Music Show, Mickey Mouse, well you get the point, to watch. And as we all know, the kids own us (well not really, but you get the point...)
In an effort to start explaining the bigger world that is out there to the kids (especially Madelyn) I made a huge deal about the opening cermonies -- she seemed mildly interested. She and Joshy have there own language that they often use to talk to each other. Something like twins do. They maybe 18 months apart, but they do act (and look like twins). But I digress...
Anyway, as she was talking to Joshy, she said something in their native tongue (bubzoo toddlerese) but I vididly heard something about the Chinese and Oilylimpics. So, we put the opening ceromonies on. And we got to watch them. Certianly the kids didn't sit and watch, they had more pressing events do attend to (see previous post about the choo choo train) but they did watch. And observe. They loved the fireworks.
Saturday, we put on some of the events. Madelyn remembered what all the hub bub was about and even said "look, there is China and the Chinese!" Enough to make a mama proud! :) (hey she's 3...I am proud she paid attention enough to remember!)
Anyway, I cannot believe how the kids have gotten into the Olympics and the entertainment we have gotten out of it.
Last night, we watched swimming. Now, you gotta understand. Madelyn LOVES to change clothes. I mean loves it. She'll change her clothes every 10 minutes if she could. Dresses, pajamas, bathing suits, jackets...doesn't matter. If it is fashion, she puts in on (for her birthday mommy and daddy bought her a doll --- and matching clothes to the doll...she's going to love it!) Anyway, she saw swimming was on. She went upstairs, got her bathing suit, cover up, flip flops and "towel" (aka her blanky). She created a swimming pool (and yes, she "dove" in0 with some blankets and she was in and out of the pool along with the Olympians. When she was out of the pool she would dry off with her towel, but the cover up (or in Olympic style her warm up outfit) on and her flip flops. This went on for an hour.
Joshy in his own way was hillarious as welll. He would got on his belly and swim. His pool was the middle of his train tracks.
Then the men's gymnastics was on. OMG, Scott turned into a high bar and pommel horse, at least to Joshy. The boy went nuts trying to copy the moves. Lucky for Joshy, daddy likes to make up games so they had a toddler Olympic fest going on.
Then tonight, the women's gymnastics was on. Madelyn tried to copy every move. LOL I hope to get her in dance class this fall.
Needless to say, the Olympics has always brought me some kid of enjoyment or entertainment. I never dreamt thought that the kids would add a whole new dimension to that enjoyment. Life is good!
Hugs and kisses until next time.......
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment