I mean really, I cannot believe I haven't updated this in a few weeks. Time just seems to go so quickly and sometimes I can't keep up! lol
Anyway, so what is new with us. hmmmm let's see.
Let's start with Joshy. His eczema got to be so bad that his skin become infected. Poor guy. :( As a result, they did some allergy testing. The testing didn't show too much, but what it did show was a big fear of mind. Joshy is pretty allergic to dogs (and egg whites). Now, how allergic is he? Well when the test for an allergen comes back as a 2, that is when they start to become concerned. The test for egg whites came back as 2.11. So he can eat foods with eggs in them, its just wise for us to not feed him something like scrambled eggs, or french toast. And yes, he likes both foods. Ok, so anyway, back to the dog allergen. It come up as 14.1. Which is what they call a class 3 allergy, or that he is bad allergy. there is also very bad (those were the doctors words...my guess is she was dumbing down the terminology lol).
Soo what are we gonna do? Well thank GOD its isn't an allergy that is causing asthma at this time, it is just causing the skin irritation to become more pronounced. So for now, we are trying allergy medicine and keeping the Joshy and the dogs separated as much as we can. We have also purchased a good air purifier, etc etc etc. In other words, we are all trying to live in harmony. Next step will be for him to see an allergist and probably get allergy shots. If that doesn't work, well I don't want to think of it. Well take each of these as they come.
So Miss Madelyn started dance class. Yeah, that didn't go so well. She is just so painfully shy in new situations. She does great now in daycare -- she has friends and she likes to go. They have also seen a huge improvement in her speech (so have we) and her overall dispostion. So I thought she was ready. well, nope. Apparently, what I could gather form her, I think a little girl said something to her she didn't like. Oy. she pretty much stayed in my lap sobbing the whole class. Towards the end she warmed up and started to timidly tap a little bit. All wasn't lost though, Joshy loved the class. LOL He was a good boy and didn't distrupt the class. I was actually pretty proud of how he behaved. :) I am sure she will get used to it.....luckily its a 13 week class...plenty of time for her to warm up and meet some new friends.
Anyway, sorry no new pictures. I have gotten lazy to posting them again. Promise there will be some very soon....after all Miss Madelyn Princess is having a birthday next week!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment