So on Sunday, we took the kids to the local outdoor mall. They had a trick or treat event. Since the kids are very excited about halloween this year and we are all about free stuff lately, we went.
First, I have to start off by saying it was WINDY. OMG. Madelyn loves the wind. :) Joshua hates it. LOL Anyway, not only was it windy, but it was as crowded as you can believe...I mean Disney World in the middle of summer crowded. Again, crowds don't bother Madelyn but Joshy, well, he doesn't like crowds.
We did go around to some of the stores. I have to say, the stores obviously were not expecting the turn out that they were getting. We got there right at noon when the event started and places were already running out of candy and others were being rather, um, stingy. One place had after dinner mints in a package with their logo on it. Ok, I am a marketer, but c'mon. These are kids. I kid you not, Joshy reached into his pumpkin and threw that piece of candy out. LOL
Other stores were giving away coupons. Of note is my old favorite Gymboree. Now, this store is geared for kids. Yet all they were giving away were coupons! No candy!!! Yes, it was a good coupon, but these days they gotta do better than 30% off. LOL
Overall it was a nice time. We truly enjoyed it and it was nice to get out and do something as a family. Here's to hoping Friday is fun as well when we trick or treat around the neighborhood.

No comments:
Post a Comment